Your First Visit
Whether you are coming to SureStep Foot & Ankle Medical Center for the treatment of an acute injury, chronic pain, or other condition, we strive to provide compassionate and comprehensive care from the beginning of your treatment plan until the end. The specific approach we take in your care will depend on your diagnosis, age, pain level, activity level, and your personal treatment preferences. Our goal is to provide you with a clear understanding of your condition and what the benefits and concerns of each treatment option are so that you can make an informed choice about your care.
When to arrive:
We ask that you arrive 30 minutes early for your initial appointment to complete new patient paperwork. If you have been contacted by our pre-registration staff or you download, print and complete the forms available online, you will need to arrive 15 minutes early. Please be sure to bring the downloaded forms with you to your first appointment.
What to bring:
To make the most of your first visit, save time, and help us treat you more quickly, please bring the following to your appointment:
- A photo ID of the responsible party (self or parent/guardian)
- Your insurance card and information
- A list of your current medications
- All related X-rays, MRI results, or other imaging films (including any written reports)
- Information about what treatments and medications have been tried in the past and any medical records that you think may be helpful
- A list of questions you want to ask your physician
- A referral from your primary care physician (if applicable)
- Your specialist co-payment (if applicable). We accept cash, checks, Visa, MasterCard, and CareCredit.
- Workers’ compensation claim information, if applicable. We will need the claim number, insurance carrier, claims address, contact person (claims adjustor) and phone number. Your claim will have to be verified and authorized with your adjustor prior to your appointment.
- A translator, if needed
What to expect:
At SureStep Foot & Ankle Medical Center in Cincinnati, Ohio, we combine compassion with expertise and skill when working with you to develop the best possible treatment plan. We understand the pain you are in and how this pain can severely impact your quality of life.
On your first visit, your doctor will:
- Review your medical records and previous tests
- Listen to you and discuss your symptoms with you
- Perform a complete evaluation of your feet and ankles, including any necessary diagnostic testing such as x-rays or ultrasounds in our on-site facilities
- Order additional diagnostic tests such as an MRI or blood tests, if needed
- Discuss non-surgical options to improve or restore your mobility and function and alleviate your pain
- Discuss surgical options, if warranted
- Answer any questions you may have and ensure you have a clear understanding of how to move forward
Dr. Brarens, Dr. Cullum and the staff at SureStep look forward to your visit. If you have any questions prior to your appointment, call our office at (513) 489-2400.